Friday, May 22, 2009

Yard Stepping Stones


Garden Spaces accessed with Yard Stepping Stones---

In California, where I garden, water is at a premium so I have turned off our watering system and instead hand water each of my plants. I also hang hummingbird feeders where they are easily found and refilled. Not all of my neighbors are trying to keep their gardens alive so I want to keep hummingbird feeders full and keep those lovely little birds going. I could never get to each of my plants and hummingbird feeders without the strategically placed stepping stones that I use to navigate the garden. Stepping stones give me a safe place to step so that I don't step on any of my precious plants while watering and checking hummingbird feeders. This can be daunting work during the long California summers with no rain fall, however, this strategy works well for both flower and vegetable gardens, as well as, checking hummingbird feeders. Stepping stones can be very functional or decorative and whimsical. I tend to lean towards whimsical. They add charm to the garden.

Hand watering and filling hummingbird feeders may seem like a boring task but I find it can take your mind off of the problems of the day and give you a breather before dinner or even a great way to start the day. Stepping stones will also let you work your way through your garden as you pick your beautiful flowers for your home or office or harvest the vegetables. Weeding and wandering about filling hummingbird feeders is much easier if you have steeping stones for sure footing as you work your way through your gardens.

I happen to like roosters in my kitchen and my garden....No, not the roosters that wake you early in the morning but the kind who eat little to nothing and make no noise at all...my roosters are all either ceramic or stone and sit quietly and quaintly decorating their individual little spots. My stepping stones are whimsical roosters that jauntily wind their way through my garden leading me to my next task. My hummingbird feeders are often lovely little flowers with hummingbirds perched at the top.

If whimsical stepping stones sound fun to you, you can find these Jaunty Rooster Yard Stepping Stones at
http://YARDSTEPPINGSTONES.totalwarehouse.com......They are a favorite addition to my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment